Monday, January 30, 2006

Needles, blood, etc.

Needles, hospitals, surgeries, pain and blood were all well highlighted in our birthing classes.

Problem is, I don't like needles, hospitals, surgeries, pain and blood. I have passed out from needles and blood. I feel a bit queasy about hospitals, surgeries and pain. I'm not one of those people who can watch the surgeries they show on TV. I have to change the channel immediately.

I know they are preparing us for all the possibilities of what might happen. During labor I might be glad I was told of all these things, but for now, they have raised my anxiety level.

Having a baby come to live with us will be challenging but seems manageable. Giving birth to the baby seems scary and out of control.

My rational mind says, "It will all turn out fine. Women are having babies every day without any problems and if there are problems, you're in a hospital with excellent care. You'll do fine and be a great support to your wife. You won't even pass out."

To my irrational fears I say, listen to the rational mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Yay for the rational mind!

Jesus will be there too. :)

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home