Thursday, December 29, 2005

Getting Sick

The symptoms are there - sore throat, tired, and achey. Yes, I'm coming down with a cold. Hopefully with some good sleep and taking it easy I can avoid the worst of it.

When I get a bad cold, I have that general feeling of malaise. The world is gray. "Woe is me" is the settled way of seeing the world.

But, what about people who are really, really sick? A cold is not a huge deal. But, what if it were cancer or chronic pain? Would I have the grace to be kind hearted and generous even when I wasn't feeling well?

It's a good reminder to handle this cold with a good attitude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I love your perspective, Kevin.

You may have felt gray, but your cold didn't put a dent in your ability to play Settlers on Sunday!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kevmo.
i have often thought of people who are really really sick when i am sick too. it is a sombering experience. just a cold brings you to your knees. what would something worse do?

anyways, i hope you, ginny and the baby babe are doing better. hang in there.

also, i want to commend you for actually reading that legislation. wow. way to take the bull by its horns.

we hope to see you soon.
take care.
km.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home