Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Music of my Parents' Generation

Lately I've been fascinated by the music of my parents' generation. Here's what I've been listening to:

Bob Dylan - I've been immersed in his music for the past month.

Peter, Paul & Mary - Mary's voice is compelling. Their version of Pete Seeger's song, "If I Had a Hammer" really moves and personifies the issues of the day. I love their early hit, "Lemon Tree."

Johnny Cash - Can't wait to see the movie that's out about him.

Simon & Garfunkle - Feeling Groovy

Could my new found interest in the music of my parent's generation have anything to do with the fact that I will soon be a parent?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris & Becca said...

I think you may be on to something there. My father is looking for Perry Como music for Christmas. Just feel weird buying it. Don't know why.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home