Monday, December 19, 2005

The Newspaper

I'm one of those people who loves to read the newspaper. I love learning new information.

I go first to the sport section. Next, I enjoy scanning the editorial page for the national columnists. My recent favorites are David Brooks and Tom Friedman. After that I read the regional and city news because I like to have a sense of what's going on in the community. I also give a look at the national and world news as well as the business section. The business section carries the Dilbert cartoon which is always good for a chuckle.

I never read the entertainment section so I miss out on the comics and Ann Landers. And, I never look at the classifieds.

But, last week, I got really busy. I didn't have time to read the paper each night. Now I have a whole week of newspapers. I feel an obligation to read them. I could be missing something of interest. And yet, if I take the plunge to throw them away, I free myself up to read the paper this week. I think I'll take the plunge, just this once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home