Monday, December 26, 2005

Reading Legislation

A few weeks ago I put a portion of my letter to my Congressional Representative, Vern Ehlers, on my blog. I was expressing some of my concerns and frustrations with the Republican agenda and financial mismanagement. He wrote me back (or one of his staff) regarding the spending reduction bill that targeted Medicaid, student loans, food stamps, etc.

After reading his letter, I was prompted to do something I've actually never done before. I went online and started reading the bill that was passed in the House of Representatives.

I'm weary of the left and right giving me their spin about the bill. Instead, I wanted to read it myself. That way I can form my own opinion about the legislation.

After reading portions of the bill, I see why people tend to rely on others to highlight important aspects of the bill. It's a lot of information to process. But, it's worth it to me to get away from the spin and get to facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home