Monday, January 16, 2006

Birthing class

How did I manage to slip through 4 decades of life and have never realized that giving birth is a BIG DEAL? Perhaps it's because I've never been too closely affected by someone having a baby except my own birth (which I can't seem to remember). I've had friends give birth not long ago but it's not the same as going through it yourself.

I felt afraid. I heard someone in the video say that this might be the most painful thing a woman ever experiences. I don't want to see my wife in pain. How long will the labor last? Will I be able to be there with her through it all and not pass out? (I used to pass out whenever they took blood from me). No guarantees and yet, most women deliver without any big problems.

Here again, is a situation out of my control, that I must turn to God and ask for help and comfort.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

The thing they don't tell you in birthing class is all the blood that is involved. I was truly proud of my wife during both births. She showed me a strength that I knew I did not have.

Take Care
Michael

10:39 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

As a woman who has never experienced childbirth, but has been present at the birth of a couple of babies, I can tell you that there is so much more going on than the pain. Your son will be in your arms at any moment. The anticipation of that moment will be part of your support for Ginny. You'll do great!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Headless-in-GR said...

I have this insane urge to just grab your head and squeeze it until your brains pop out your eyes...

What does that mean?!?!? Haha!!

For the record, it's not mean spirited. I'm just squeezing your brains out - you know - "in love"!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home