Thursday, March 09, 2006

Goo Goo Ga Ga

I'm one handed right now. I've got a baby in one arm so this is a slow post.

I get a chuckle out of how adults go goo goo ga ga over babies (and at my bad moments also a little annoyed by it). This one dear lady at work comes up to me with a huge cheesy grin. She makes cooing noises & giggles a bit. She wants to know all about how our little guy is doing. It feels odd to me but it's really quite sweet.

Why do adults do this? Perhaps even I will do it too...someday.

I've theorized that some are vicariously reliving the experiences they had with their newborn children. Maybe it's just exciting to have a new person in the world.

I'm excited because he's my son. That's why I go goo goo ga ga.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I go goo goo gaa gaa but I also meow to cats too.

Take Care
Michael

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do it because they're so darn cute. The cuteness factor overwhelms any kind of adult behavior and causes me to explode in little noises and gestures because I don't know what else to do with myself :-)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

It's amazing what babies bring out in us! Some are more embarrassing than others, at least when we take them out of their context. :)

5:58 AM  
Blogger sam said...

Aren't little ones great for bringing out the heart stuff, great way to reach the heart that we as men tend to forget we have. I had a wonderful sword fight with my twin boys tonight (they are 3) and thanks to my 4 yr. old daughter I once again am a knight worthy of the flirting of a blue-eyed princess in her sequined dress-up gown. Savor it.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home