Sunday, March 05, 2006

Not sleep deprived, yet

Our little guy, Sam, has now had 2 full days at home from the hospital. This morning he celebrated his 5th day of life outside of his mother's womb. The first night he was home would have been comical relief for anyone who's had kids before.

We have him in a bassinet next to our bed. I was laying there the first night listening to him. Each time he chortled I wanted to jump up to make sure he was okay. Then, when he was just quietly breathing, I wanted to jump up to make sure he was still breathing. Needless to say I did not sleep very much.

Thankfully, I slept much better last night. I reminded myself that he will sleep just fine without me constantly worrying. I awoke only when he made his presence known by crying. I feel rather rested today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home