Friday, February 24, 2006

We're Waiting...

I've been talking to my wife's tummy lately encouraging our little guy to make his way into the world. He's not been cooperating.

Tomorrow I am deviously making plans to drive on the bumpiest roads in town hitting all the potholes. I'll encourage my wife to go for a long walk (I'll follow along in the heated car). Later, I'll slip a little castor oil in her raspberry tea. That should prime the pump.

It's scary that parents are so big to children. Parents take on a sort of god like role in the lives of children. No wonder so many of us struggle at times to connect with God because our role models sometimes weren't not so good.

I don't like the idea of being a god like figure in the life of my child. I am broken, imperfect and limited. Yet, I also know that as I lean into God, I will become someone who can help point him to the real God. I want him to know how great God is and all that He has done for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Walking certainly helps.
I think we walked for hours before our last one decided he had enough og the ride and wanted out.

Good luck.

Take Care
Michael

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think it's important for kids to have those figures in their lives who seem sort of god-like. I remember feeling protected and safe under my parents' care because of that. Part of growing up for me was realizing that they were just plain 'ol people, that they don't hold some secret in their pockets. Now, it is my knowledge of who they are and what they have done DESPITE being just ordinary citizens of the world that makes me love and respect them so much. Keep us updated!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kevmo said...

Great way to look at it Mawci!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home