Monday, March 06, 2006

Whew!

A couple months ago I mentioned that I was needlessly freaking out over an audit that was going on at work. Even though these things have always gone well before, I get scared that this time will be a huge problem. To be fair to myself, I do freak out a lot less than I used to about these things.

Well, I recently got the results. No problems or issues at all! Nothing to follow up on. I can't believe it.

So, once again, that worry was needless. How many times do I have to do this in life before I can just relax rather than stress? Obviously this is not about logic.

The audit hits that button in me that fears the critical authority figure. The critical authority figure will rip you to shreds over any little thing you did or didn't do properly. The critical authority figure is that voice in my head which likes to point out that I am always falling short.

So, I say to the critical voice, "You're wrong once again. I'm not going to believe your lies anymore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home