Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Creating Space

On Monday I did something I rarely ever do. I began cleaning up my office at home and I started to weed through old files. I found receipts going back to 1993. Yikes.

I'm suddenly motivated because we're having a baby boy pretty soon. The room that will be the nursery currently doubles as a guest bedroom and an office for my beautiful wife. My cluttered office will need to be cleaned up to make room for my wife's computer, files, etc.

I don't like to de-clutter my life. It's an arduous process of making lots of little decisions on what to keep and what to throw away. I'd rather avoid the whole process but it does feel good after I'm done.

By physically creating space for our child, it feels like I'm taking another step in creating space in my heart for him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When cleaning up, my theory is that if I haven't used it in 5 years, I don't need it, never will. So excited to eventually meet the Kellingite.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Kevmo, you are already a wonderful daddy.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home