Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Split Open

Another book I'm reading right now is "The Undertaking, Life Studies from the Dismal Trade" by Thomas Lynch.

Dismal would not describe this book. It is full of great quotes interesting stories from real life. He talks about life as the son of an undertaker and as an undertaker himself.

I'm squirming a bit with the book. He's touching on the subject of death.

As I have invested more and more in relationships I feel more and more vulnerable. What if my wife were to suddenly be gone? What if my soon to be born son were to have something happen? My heart feels split open when these questions cross my mind.

I am not dwelling on these questions. I have no control in this circumstance and must trust God.
Lynch's Mom would say, "Let go, let God" when it came to matters of life and death. I think I'll try that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home