Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Summer Rules!

Here we are at August 2, 2005 already. Where do the summers go so quickly?

Summer don't go away. Stay here forever. Please! You are so wonderful.

I love hot summer days. A nickname that 2 dear former roommates gave me was the lizard. I just soak up the heat without it bothering me much. I seem to find extra energy when the temperature rises.

10 reasons I love summer:
1. Better hot than shivering on a cold winter day.
2. It stays light late.
3. Evening walks in the warm, still summer air.
4. Flowers blooming.
5. Trees full of rich green leaves.
6. People are outside rather than holed up in their houses.
7. Awesome thunderstorms.
8. Driving with the car windows open feeling the air.
9. Windows open in the house with the breeze blowing through it.
10. Picnic lunches.

What about you? What do you love about summer?

P.S. The only drawback to summer is that my grass grows and I have to cut it.

3 Comments:

Blogger brenda said...

Hey lizard, I am glad you are in your season of choice and enjoying it so much. I also like summer but my favorites are spring and fall for their beevity and transitional quality. the hope and renewal of spring and the sober, looking into death drenched in rich colors of fall.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Captainwow said...

I like spring and fall too. I like summer *when it's not too hot*, for the same reasons you do, but my comfort zone prefers a little cooler weather - the heat saps my energy.
The world needs lizards, too! :o)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

You hit on my favorite part about summer - people sitting on their porches in the evening, talking, greeting one another.
Another thing I like about summer - that I forgot about until last weekend - is standing ankle deep in Lake Michigan looking for Petoskey stones.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home