Monday, March 28, 2005

Icebergs & Writing

I have this feeling that there is this huge iceberg under the surface of my life that is waiting for an opportunity to be expressed. If I wrote for a week I don't think it would begin to even take a bite out of the story that lies underneath.

Yesterday I wrote a story from my childhood. The story flowed out of me as I explored my memories & feelings. I felt more emotionally connected to myself. I felt more alive. That story feels like an important ice cube out of that enormous iceberg.

What's amazing to me is that it's taken so long to realize this iceberg is there. I've seen pieces of it jutting out into my life. But, like an iceberg, we only see the tiny top part sticking out of the water. What other stories lie under the water? I'm excited to see where this will go...

2 Comments:

Blogger Headless-in-GR said...

I think it's really interesting to watch people discover themselves - are you not a navel gazer by nature?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Cool beans, Kevmo. Keep writing!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home