Friday, February 04, 2005

Getting Started

Have you had that sense that you're running in a hamster wheel in your mind? Much of my life was spent running circles in my brain with thoughts that needed to get some air. I was breathing too much of my own air if you know what I mean. This blog is a part of the practice of getting these thoughts out of my own head and bring them into world.

Another inspiration for this blog is an attempt to draw more on the creative side of my brain. I have a task oriented job. I tend to value task more than the creative. But, I have surrounded myself recently with a group of people who are those "creative types" as the dentist's wife in "Waiting for Guffman" calls them. I have come away seeing a greater need for exploring more of this side of me. Who knows what's there? Maybe I am one of those "creative types."

Finally, I just need to practice writing. Writing in a personal journal has been a part of my life for nearly 20 years. It's been a valuable tool in working out difficult emotions. Now it's time to spread my wings a bit more and see where this might go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captainwow said...

YA BABY!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

The Kevster writes? Oh my gosh! And, he writes well!

Those 20 years of journalling have really paid off, mister. :0)

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home