Sunday, June 17, 2007

Short story writer

I did it! I finished writing my first short story of fiction. It only took a year.

Let me explain. A year ago a friend started a writers group. I hesitantly joined not knowing if I could even write fiction. We met once a month and that's about how often I'd work on the story. Without those meetings and the encouragement of the friends in that group I would've never finished. Thank you to each one of you.

It's a story of a guy that faces a tragedy in his life that he's not well equipped to handle. The main character is someone you despise, pity and sometimes like all in the same story. Like real life no one is all good or all bad.

Now, the process of editing and reworking the story is next. During the year, I learned to write better so the end of the story is more engaging than the beginning. I want to go back and make it more consistent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home