Saturday, June 16, 2007

Drilling for oil & environmental wackos

Environmental wackos is what I used to call anyone opposed to drilling for oil.

Of course drilling for oil is good. We need more oil. It's good for our country, good for our economy and it's good for business.

Lately I've been asking the question, "How would God want us to take care of the world He created?" I'm haunted how we've used and abused the land to fit our needs and desires. Little or no thought has been put into saving natural habitat for animals. We fill in swamps, plow up fields and cut down trees without regard for the consequences because developing the land leads to economic progress.

Have we become slaves to the god of economic progress that we're willing to risk destroying God's creation to serve our god?

So, when it comes to drilling for oil in areas that have been left virtually untouched by human development, I'm less inclined to jump on the bandwagon to drill for oil like I used to be.

Of course I'm no fan of paying $5/gallon of gas. And yet, if that the price for saving the last remnant of God's creation that's not developed, then perhaps I am willing to pay that price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home