Thursday, February 15, 2007

Shopping Palaces

I am why they build buildings like this. I am why they keep doing it. Its because I am here, all the moms are here, the old and the young are here too. Middle class America loves shopping palaces built in the suburbs. And yet, this palace of shopping called Target would be on the low end of shopping palaces.

I'm sipping my Starbucks coffee overlooking the blacktop jungle highlighted by a few well placed trees giving the illusion of a natural landscape. I like a place to park so they built this parking lot for me covering over acres and acres of grassland and swamps which displaced or killed all of the animals & insects & plants that once lived here.

I expect a place to part my motored chariot. I expect a nice big store with lots of low prices of stuff mostly made in China.

I don't like what I've created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home