Wednesday, December 06, 2006

New Dad praying

Being a new dad has changed the way I pray. It feels like I pray less.

I used to pray for my own needs. I used to pray for other people too. Now, I seem too tired and distracted to do much of that even though I think it would be great to be consistent in this kind of prayer.

But, I have been praying consistently for my 9 month old son. I pray that he will grow up to be strong and healthy in body, soul, mind and spirit. I pray that I will pass on as little emotional baggage so that he can approach the world with trust and strength rather than fear and shame. Finally I pray that he will love Jesus, be His disciple and bless many people.

So, even though I pray less than I used to, I feel a powerful intensity in praying for my son. Few things are as powerful in life as the blessing of your father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home