Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Granholm vs Devos Debate #2

Ok, now I'm really interested to see if there are any 3rd party candidates after this debate.

Child like behavior of he said, she said, is not what I want in a governor. How many times can we argue over whether Dick Devos cut jobs or created jobs as CEO of Amway? How many times do we have to go back and forth about whether Amway got a special federal tax break or not?

If Granholm brings up Devos's record as Amway CEO again, I'm going to scream. You've made your point, move on. Tell me more about what you're going to do for the state of Michigan. She did talk about this 2 billion dollar fund that will be used over several years to draw new business into Michigan. So far, she said it's created 3,000 jobs. That's great, but 3,000 jobs is not very many. How much did the state spend to get those 3,000 jobs?

Devos continues to have difficulty in the debate forum. He was a little better tonight but still not very articulate. He spends a lot of time saying we need new leadership in Michigan. He has yet to convince me why he would be any better. A vague promise of being able to bring new business to the state is not convincing. He talks of getting rid of the Single Business Tax and the personal property tax. Great, that might bring new business to the state. But, the state will be bankrupt because it can't pay its bills with all those tax cuts. Or, massive spending cuts will need to take place.

Do I even want to watch the 3rd debate?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been watching these debates. Did you ever see the episode of South Park called (I think...) Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich? I take Stan's line there. I can't pick because DeVos is like a deer in headlights and very vague on what he will do to improve the state of things in Michigan and Granholm is just a shrieking harpy who can't let go of things that happened like ten years ago. It's 2006 now, why don't we talk about what needs to be done instead of things that were done in the past. Sheesh. This is the problem with politics in general. Maybe next time around I'l run. Of course they'd dig up so much dirt on me that you could fill Lake Michigan. Oh yeah, and one more thing, it's as though the west side of the state doesn't exsist. All these new jobs are going to Detroit and Ann Arbor. The west side of the state has continually lost jobs due to plant closing and mass pull outs by manufacturers since I moved here three and half years ago. Neither candidate is adressing this at all.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home