Friday, May 26, 2006

Accounting Hat

I've always valued other skills more than mine i.e. the grass is always greener. I'm skilled at accounting but I don't like being identified that way because of the stereotype. And just so you know, I don't have a pen protector in my shirt pocket. And, I'm a messy person at home. So there, does that break the accountant stereotype?

Accounting has always come easy to me so I've sat back and did little with it outside of work. Lately, I've picked up some of my old accounting books and find that I kind of groove on re-learning some of those old concepts I rarely get to use at work. I really want to get better at being an accountant and make it more of a career. I'm realizing again that God wired me to enjoy classifying numbers.

So, I'm trying on my accounting hat again and I like the fit. Go figure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

There is nothing wrong with working with numbers. It's good honest work.

Take Care
Michael

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home