Saturday, November 05, 2005

Musical Layers

I listen to music differently.

I was in the car about a month ago listening to Simon & Garfunkle. I began to notice other sounds besides the voices. I began recognizing the guitar, the drums, the bass guitar, etc.

Before this I paid little attention to more than the vocals & the style.

Suddenly a new musical world has opened up. The layering of sounds captures me. I get lost listening. I have to pay attention when I'm driving because I'm so caught up in the sounds. I am filled with joy hearing creative sounds. My soul feels refreshed.

Who says you can't teach a middle-aged dog new tricks?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Yep, life gets more interesting as we get older. I often find myself noticing something - really noticing it - for the first time and wondering why I never noticed it before!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home