Thursday, November 10, 2005

Losing Streak

Woe is me. Oh woe is me. I am in a slump. I am doubting my skills. Do I have what it takes to win again at Knights & Cities?

For those of you uninitiated, Knights & Cities is an expanded version of Settlers of Catan. These are terribly addictive games. I only encourage people to play who like to have lots of fun for hours and hours. If you are not into fun, then, please, for your sake and mine, do not start playing these games.

It's a funny thing that just losing a few times at a game starts a process that can go in two directions. In the one direction I can evaluate the games I'm losing. Perhaps there some strategies that I could work on to help me be more successful. The other option is to make it about me. I can begin to doubt that I will ever win again. I can start to develop an inferiority complex or doubt my mental prowess.

But really, this is a picture of my life. When faced with challenges in my job or in relationships my choices are clear: will I work to improve or will I allow myself to wallow in doubt and insecurity?

So, today, I affirm that I will once again kick some butt in Knights & Cities. I'm looking for a beginner who's never played so that I can beat up on them in the game. This will be good for my ego. Anyone, anyone, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home